How it works..
1. The relationship we have is a partnership. This means that I am not a mentor, a psychologist, a therapist, a parent, or a friend. In coaching we deal with the present and the future. My role as your coach is to empower you so you step out of your comfort zone and experience transformation. Showing up for your scheduled coaching sessions and completing any action items that you have committed to between sessions gets to be you showing up for You.
2. Demand the most from me, work on specific outcomes and be open to whatever comes your way.
3. I have limited spots available for in person coaching- please send your request if interested.
On the day of our session, you always call me via Zoom or on my phone. If I don’t answer, I am probably wrapping up another coaching call. If you don’t hear back from me, please call me back in a few minutes.
4. Come to the call open and flexible. It is also ideal to have a topic ready, as it will give us direction.
5. 24-hour policy: If you are unable to keep the appointment, call or email me 24 hours in advance. If it is less than 24 hours, it will count as one of your sessions.
6. If you are running late, remember that this is your time so we will work with the time we have left. Full coaching session is 60 minutes.
7. If you don’t agree with any of these terms, or if you have questions or comments about them please email me prior to our first coaching call.
TIPS FOR GETTING THE MOST FROM
1. Show up and have a goal. Coaching works best when you are committed. If you are unsure about your goal, bring that to the call with an open mind and a sense of curiosity. There is so much we can do. Here is how you can be committed:
Tell the truth, all of it, all the time
Try new habits
Be ok with discomfort
Dare to re-visit your beliefs, decisions or the past
Work through all kinds of mild and wild emotions
2. Be comfortable with discomfort. I may challenge you sometimes. Be ready to try new things, redesign your days or simply see things differently. By participating fully in the process, you will live a fulfilling life with you in charge–not the conditions around you.
3. Take care of yourself between our sessions. Coaching can require energy: emotionally, intellectually and physically. Observe yourself as often as possible and manage your energy. Journaling at night is a very effective way to measure your progress and bring it to the following session.
4. Do it! During coaching, you become clear on what the best thing is to do and you make a decision. Follow through on that decision with the best of your ability. This is not a school-like homework and it is not for me. You are creating your self-image for the future you. If you follow through on what you have decided, something in you will see you and will be take you more seriously. This will help you build the following steps faster and without an inner fight. In the beginning this might seem difficult but you will see that the more you DO, the easier it gets. Just do the best of you.
5. Make a choice. My role is not to make you feel better. It is to help you progress in life. If I have accepted to coach you, I believe in your ability to take charge of your life. I cannot hold you back from transformation by solving your problem. I’m only in service of your continuous development, whatever it takes. Eventually, it is you who needs to make a choice that is best for you.
To your journey,
Sohaira Sultan, CPCC